Tesla Model 3
I had to wake up early – around 5am – for the unveiling of the new Tesla Model 3 as I couldn’t wait to finally see an affordable version of a Tesla car. Finally just after watching Elon Musk`s presentation and seeing the first images of the Tesla Model 3 on the live videostream from the Tesla Designstudios in Hawthorne, Los Angeles, my decision was clear. I simply “had to” make a reservation as a design, gadget and technology maniac.
I have the feeling Elon Musk wrote automobile history today… in his speech he reported already 115.000 reservations in a 24h timeframe …wow. I`m thinking the Tesla “3” might gonna be ‘the iPhone’ of the car industry.
This is in my opinion really the final wake up call for Volkswagen, Toyota, GM, Mercedes, BMW and all the others… be careful not to end up as the next Nokia.
Here you is a short video clip of the Tesla Model3 on the road.
The announced specs of the Tesla Model 3 Car are (in European units)
- Tesla Model 3 Base Version
- Battery Range: 345km
- 0-100km/h: below 6seconds (‘Other Versions “Much faster”‘)
- all Tesla Model 3: Support for High-Speed Supercharger Network
- Auto Pilot as a standard on Tesla Model 3
- 15″ Landscape Touchscreen (The Tesla has has a 17″ Portrait Touchscreen)
- Five adults will fit comfortably. Elon Musk: “comfortably is the important part here..”
- Price: 31.000 Euro (converted from US$) (Base Version Tesla Model 3)
Now I`m curious in what timeframe Tesla actually can built and deliver this vast amount of car preorders on the first day. Those numbers are absolutly record breaking for any car preorder. Elon Musk said that – at least in the USA – the deliveries start at late;the end of the year 2017. But as Elon Musk delivered his Tesla Model S or Tesla Model X in the past always ‘a bit later’ than originally announced, my guess is we`re talking about an Spring 2018 delivery, maybe summer.
At least some time left to safe some money for the Tesla Model 3.